Monday, December 08, 2008

Big relief

I met with Dr. Hicks this morning at Fort Wayne Orthopedics to get my bad ankle checked out. I have been having problems with it for the past month or so. It has been 10 years since I had it fused with surgery. I manged to get all my old records/x-rays from home (thanks to my aunt) and took them with me as a comparison.

Thankfully everything looked the same and none of the screws had moved. I was so concerned that something would need fixed. A new pair of orthotics was suggested as well as the walking boot I am currently wearing. It's way better than a cast and it was suggested that I use it when my ankle flairs up...as it has been.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is driving with my left foot. But, just like riding a bike, I got the hang of it again. I'm glad there wasn't anyone in the car with me while I was getting the hang of it! And for the record...it is not illegal to drive with your left foot. I've checked!

Now my mother can stop NAG, NAG, NAGGING me about my stupid ankle. I swear if she asks me one more time how it is doing I'm going to scream! I hope she goes back to worrying about GM and my Grandma and leaves me alone.

On to more important things...only 18 days till Christmas. OMG!!!

I'm happy to boast that all my shopping and wrapping is done. The house has been decorated for a while too. It's nice to have stuff done and just be able to enjoy the holidays. I intend to do some baking soon. I've gotten a bunch of old recipes from my mom that she used to make and that I loved. Looking forward to that!

My birthday is tomorrow and Wes' is Friday. Chris suggested we move my birthday to June when there is less stuff going on. Not sure we are going to get an evening out to ourselves. Sniff, sniff. My parents are coming back this weekend to spend Saturday night. It just seems like there is always something going on. Hence why I am so happy to have my shopping/wrapping done!

No comments: