Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ice Storm



Like most of the country, we seem to be getting our fair share of shitty weather. I would certainly classify a half inch to an inch of ice as bad weather. It sucked here on Friday. We were so, so very lucky to not lose power. Most everyone around us has been out for over 24 hours. We were only out shortly, but I was reminded how much our boys depend on electricity...and how quickly the house seemed to get cold!!

I took a few pictures. This is my attempt at cool photography. After looking at them on here it appears I failed. I am sad that our very nice birch tree took a bad hit. All three major parts of it are on the ground and one of those three have split. With temperatures staying well below freezing I'm not too hopeful that the rest of the tree will make it.



No comments: